Article V, Section 13: Advisors
The Board may designate individuals to serve as Advisors to the Board. Advisors will receive notice of meetings in the same manner as Directors but will not be considered Directors for any purpose including voting. Advisors shall serve for a term of one (1) year and may be removed by the Board at any time. Advisors shall be voted on by the Board of Directors at the Annual Meeting. Advisors will be a representative from their place of business’ location or from their service area. Advisors shall be removed from their position by missing three (3) consecutive regular meetings; they can send a representative in their stead. There shall be no more than two (2) Advisors per TBID member jurisdiction: Oroville, Chico, Paradise, Biggs, Unincorporated Butte County. In addition, there shall be no more than two (2) Advisors representing a Butte County wide service area.
- Advisor can be an individual or a representative of an organization.
- 12 total Advisors: 2 Advisors representing each jurisdiction (Chico, Oroville, Paradise, Biggs, Unincorporated Butte County) and 2 Advisors representing the entire county.
- Advisors will be removed from their position if they miss three (3) consecutive regular Board meetings, unless they are part of an organization and the organization sends an alternative representative in their place.
- Advisors are not able to vote at the Board meetings, but will be asked for input, and can be considered as members of a committee.
- Advisors serve for a term of one (1) year.
Any Butte County resident or individual representing a business or community organization within Butte County is eligible to apply, per the guidelines above. If you are interested in being considered for an Advisor position, please provide the following by February 28, 2019: (1) name, (2) title, (3) business or community organization name (if applicable), (4) physical address, and (5) reason why you are interested in an Advisor position with Explore Butte County. The information may be sent via email to: email@example.com, or mailed to P.O. Box 2154, Chico, 95927. The Nomination Committee will review all nominations prior to the Annual Meeting in March and make their recommendation to the Board. If your information is not received prior to February 28 and you are still interested in being considered for as an Advisor you will have a final opportunity to nominate yourself from the floor during the Annual Meeting, March 14, 2019.
The Nomination Committee will review all submissions for Advisors prior to the Annual Meeting and make a recommendation to the Board of Directors. If there are no objections or nominations from the floor, the Board of Directors may approve the recommendation of the Nomination Committee. The newly seated Board of Directors will select up to two (2) representatives per jurisdiction, as outlined in the bylaws, for no more than a total of 12 Advisors.