The Nomination Committee of Explore Butte County’s Board of Directors is seeking nominations for the Board of Directors. All nominations will be accepted through January 9, 2020.
The following Board of Director positions will come available as the incumbents' terms will be expiring:
- Board Member Chico Lodging (2),
- Board Member Oroville Lodging (1),
- Board Member Paradise Lodging (0),
- Board Member Unincorporated Butte County Lodging (1), and
- Community at Large (2).
Please see the table below for current Board Member representation, and Board Member positions to be filled:
|Courtyard Marriott / Residence Inn, Chico*||Brooke Isenberg||Mar. 2018 – Mar. 2020|
|Oxford Suites, Chico*||Dori Franklin||Mar. 2018 – Mar. 2020|
|University Inn, Chico||Mohammad Billah||Mar. 2019 – Mar. 2021|
|America’s Best Value Inn, Oroville||Kiran Paragji||Mar. 2019 – Mar. 2021|
|Holiday Inn Express, Oroville*||Bruce Spangler||Mar. 2018 – Mar. 2020|
|Best Western Paradise Hotel, Paradise||Haroon Saddique||Mar. 2019 – Mar. 2021|
|Unincorporated Area Lodging*||Vacant|
|Community at Large*||Nicole Johansson||Mar. 2018 – Mar. 2020|
|Community at Large*||John Pearson||Mar. 2018 – Mar. 2020|
*Highlighted seats will be vacant as of March 12, 2020
• 3 representatives of businesses paying the BCTID Assessment within Chico.
• 2 representatives of businesses paying the BCTID Assessment within Oroville.
• 1 representative of businesses paying the BCTID Assessment within Paradise.
• 1 representative of businesses paying the BCTID Assessment within unincorporated Butte County.
• 2 representatives of the community at large with an interest in travel and tourism industry.
To be eligible to apply you must be a representative of a business paying the Butte County Tourism Improvement Assessment within the community of Chico, Oroville, Paradise, or unincorporated Butte County. For additional information on Explore Butte County, please see the approved Management District Plan. For specific information on the Board of Directors eligibility, term, and duties, please see Article V of the Bylaws of Explore Butte County. More information about Explore Butte County can be found here.
If you meet the criteria and are interested in being considered for a position on the Board of Directors, please provide the following by January 9, 2020, to me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or in writing to Explore Butte County, PO Box 2154, Chico, CA 95927: (1) Name, (2) Title, (3) Lodging Establishment, (4) Lodging Establishment physical address, and (5) Reason why you are interested in a Director position with Explore Butte County.
If selected and moved forward for consideration by the Board of Directors, March 12, 2020 is the date of the first meeting of the new term.
For more information, contact Carolyn Denero at 530-918-4596.
Per Explore Butte County Bylaws, Article V, Section 13: Advisors
The Board may designate individuals to serve as Advisors to the Board.
- Receive notice of meetings in the same manner as Directors but will not be considered Directors for any purpose including voting.
- Serve for a term of one (1) year and may be removed by the Board at any time.
- Be voted on by the Board of Directors at the Annual Meeting.
- Be a representative from their place of business’ location or from their service area.
- Be removed from their position by missing three (3) consecutive regular meetings; they can send a representative in their stead.
There shall be no more than two (2) Advisors per TBID member jurisdiction: Oroville, Chico, Paradise, Biggs, Unincorporated Butte County. In addition, there shall be no more than two (2) Advisors representing a Butte County wide service area.
- Advisor can be an individual or a representative of an organization.
- 12 total Advisors: 2 Advisors representing each jurisdiction (Chico, Oroville, Paradise, Biggs, Unincorporated Butte County) and 2 Advisors representing the entire county.
- Advisors will be removed from their position if they miss three (3) consecutive regular Board meetings, unless they are part of an organization and the organization sends an alternative representative in their place.
- Advisors are not able to vote at the Board meetings, but will be asked for input, and can be considered as members of a committee.
- Advisors serve for a term of one (1) year.
Any Butte County resident or individual representing a business or community organization within Butte County is eligible to apply, per the guidelines above. If you are interested in being considered for an Advisor position, please provide the following by January 9, 2020: (1) name, (2) title, (3) business or community organization name (if applicable), (4) physical address, and (5) reason why you are interested in an Advisor position with Explore Butte County. The information may be sent via email to: email@example.com, or mailed to P.O. Box 2154, Chico, 95927.
The Nomination Committee will review all nominations prior to the Annual Meeting in March and make their recommendation to the Board.
Current Advisor Seats Expiring
- Chico - Debbie Collins, City of Chico
- Chico - Downtown Chico Business Association
- Oroville - Tony Catalano, Feather River Center (Forebay Aquatic Center)
- Oroville - vacant
- Paradise - Evie Cameron, Blue Team Realty
- Paradise - Melissa Schuster, Paradise Town Council
- Biggs - vacant
- Biggs - vacant
- Unincorporated County - Heather MacDonald, County of Butte - Economic Development
- Unincorporated County - Jennifer Leonard, Almendra Winery & Distillery
- Countywide - Chico Velo