Businesses open under current COVID-19 restrictions and requirements will follow State reopening guidance and post local self-certification placards to indicate they are ready for visitors. As information is constantly changing, make sure to call or check the website of individual businesses to confirm operating hours and days.
Below, you will find up-to-date information regarding local attractions, points of interest, restaurants, and lodging options. (Updated Monday and Thursday by 3:00 pm)
According to the new state blueprint for reducting COVID-19 cases, the following businesses in Butte County can open outdoors only with modifications:
- Restaurants (plus take-out/delivery with modifications)
- Wineries and tasting rooms
- Movie theaters
- Family entertainment centers (for example: bowling alleys, miniature golf, batting cages and arcades)
- Zoos and museums
- Bars, brewpubs, breweries, and pubs (as long as meals are served; where no meals are provided, they must close all operations)
The following remain open with appropriate modifications/safety measures
- Hotels & Lodging
- Golf Courses
- Marinas: Lake Oroville Marina and Bidwell Canyon Marina
- Grocery Stores
- Public Transportation
- Shops and Shopping (more below)
- Campgrounds, RV parks, and Outdoor recreation (more below)
- Shopping malls
Masks Required in Butte County
Per State order, face coverings are now required indoors (when not actively tasting or eating) and outdoors when not actively tasting or eating or when physical distancing is not feasible
Updated 9-25-20. Download a printable version.
This is a curated, non-exhaustive list of restaurants offering services, updated at least every Monday and Thursday. All listed are offering take-out, with various combinations of call-in or online ordering; some delivery available. Restaurants listed are following state and local COVID-19 recommendations based on Butte County's current risk-level tier. (List compiled based on public information found online.). Check the Facebook pages/websites of individual restaurants for their specific offerings and up-to-date information.
OPEN FOR OUTDOOR DINING & TAKE-OUT
*Reservations required for outdoor dining
Chico & Durham
(For a more comprehensive list of the status of Chico area restaurants, check out the Chico News & Review)
- *5th Street Steakhouse: Open Sun., Tues.-Thurs. 4:30pm-9pm, Fri. 11am-2pm & 4:30pm-10pm, and Sat. 4:30pm-10pm. More Info
- *The Allies Pub: Open Thurs.-Sat. 4pm-9pm. To-go and curbside pickup available until 7pm. Online ordering available. More Info
- Bacio: Open Mon.-Fri. 11am-7pm. Family packs and delivery available. Online ordering available. More info
- *Basque Norte: Open Wed.-Sat. 4:30pm-8pm. Reservations at (530) 891-5204. More info.
- Beatniks: Open Mon.-Fri. 6am-1pm and Sat.-Sun. 7am-1pm. More info.
- Bella's Sports Pub: Open Wed.-Sun. 4pm-Midnight. Online ordering available. More info.
- Bellachino’s Coffee Co.: Open Mon., Wed.-Fri. 6am-2pm and Sat.-Sun. 6am-1pm. More info.
- Bidwell Perk: Open daily 7:30am-3pm. Online ordering available. More info
- Big Tuna: Open daily 11am-8:30pm. Delivery available. More Info
- Broadway Heights: Open Mon.-Wed. 11am-7:30pm (patio dining available until 3:30pm), Thurs.-Sat. 11am-8pm (patio dining available all day), and Sun. 11am-3:30pm (no patio dining). More info
- Burgers and Brew: Open Sun.-Thurs. 11am-10pm and Fri-Sat. 11am-11pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- California Pasta Productions: Open Tues.-Sat. 4pm-8:30pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- Day Camp Coffee: Open Mon.-Sat. 7am-4pm & Sun. 7am-2pm. More info.
- Drunken Dumpling: Open Tues.-Sat. 11am-9pm. More Info
- Farm Star Pizza: Open Sun.-Thurs. Noon-8pm and Fri.-Sat. Noon-9pm. Delivery available. More info.
- The Foodie Cafe: Open Tues.-Sat. 11am-8pm. More Info
- *Franky's: Open Sat.-Thurs. 4pm-9pm & Fri. 11:30am-9pm. Delivery available. Reservations at www.FrankysChico.com. More Info
- *Grana: Open Tues.-Sat. 11:30am-8pm. Patio seating from 11:30am-2pm and by reservation only at 5pm and 7pm. More info.
- The Handle Bar: Open daily Noon-9pm. More info.
- Hudson's Gastropub: Open Tues.-Fri. 4pm-9pm, Sat. 10am-9pm, and Sun. 10am-2:30pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- Italian Cottage: Open daily 8am-8pm. Online ordering and delivery available.
- *Japanese Blossoms: Open Mon.-Fri. 11am-2pm and daily 5pm-9pm. More info
- La Hacienda: Open Tues.-Sat. 11am-8pm. More info.
- *La Salles: Open Wed.-Thurs. 4pm-9pm, Fri. 4pm-10pm, Sat. 9am-10pm, and Sun. 9am-9pm. Online ordering and delivery available. More info.
- The Lab Bar and Grill: Open Sun.-Thurs. 11am-10pm & Fri.-Sat. 11am-11pm. More info.
- Madison Bear Garden: Open 11am-10pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- Mom's: Open daily 7am-1pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- *Momona: Open Tues.-Sat. Noon-8pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- Morning Thunder Cafe: Open Mon.-Fri. 6am-2pm & Sat.-Sun. 7am-2pm. Delivery available. More info.
- Nobby's: Open Tues.-Sat. 10:30am-9pm. Delivery available. More info
- Old Barn Kitchen: Open Wed.-Sat. 9am-3pm and 4pm-9pm & Sun. 9am-3pm. Delivery available. More info.
- Panama Bar Cafe: Open Tues.-Thurs. 3pm-9pm & Fri.-Sat. 3pm-10pm. Delivery available. More info.
- *Parkside Taphouse: Open Wed.-Sun. 11am-10pm. Online ordering available. More Info
- Priya Indian Cuisine: Open daily 11am-2:30pm and 5pm-9pm. Delivery available. More info.
- Pueblito Mexican Grill: Durham: Open Mon.-Sat. 11am-8pm & Sun. 11am-7pm. Chico: Mon.-Sat. 11am-8pm.
- *The Rawbar Restaurant and Sushi: Open Wed.-Thurs. 3pm-8:30pm, Fri.-Sat. 11:30am-9pm, & Sun. 4pm-8:30pm. Delivery available. More info.
- *Red Tavern: Open Tues.-Sat. 5pm-9pm and Sun. 10am-1pm. Delivery available. More info
- *Sicilian Cafe: Open Tues. & Thurs. 4pm-8pm and Wed., Fri.-Sat. 4pm-8:30pm. More Info
- Sin of Cortez: Open daily 7am-2pm. More info.
- Sol Mexican Grill: Open daily 11am-7:45pm. Online ordering available. More Info
- Tackle Box and Grill: Open daily 7am-2am. Delivery available. More info
- Tea Bar: Open daily 11am-8pm. Online ordering and delivery available. More info.
- Tin Roof Bakery: Open daily 7am-1pm. More info
- Tres Hombres: Open Sun., Wed.-Thurs. Noon-9pm & Fri.-Sat. Noon-10pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- Unwined Kitchen & Bar: Open Wed.-Fri. 4pm-9pm; Sat. 10am-1pm and 4pm-9pm, Sun. 9am-1pm. Delivery available. More info.
- Upper Crust Bakery: Open daily 6:30am-5pm. More info.
- *Wine Time: Open Tues.-Thurs. 4pm-9pm & Fri.-Sat. 4pm-10pm. Online ordering available. More info
- Woodstock's: Open Sun.-Thurs. 11am-11pm and Fri.-Sat. 11am-Midnight. Online ordering and delivery available. More info.
- The Exchange: Open Mon.-Thurs. 11am-10pm, Fri. 11am-Midnight, Sat. 10am-Midnight, and Sun. 9am-2pm. More info
- Mug Shots Coffee House: Open Mon.-Fri. 5:30am-6pm, Sat. 6am-6pm, & Sun. 8am-4pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- Union Restaurant: Open Wed.-Fri. 5pm-9pm and Sat.-Sun. 11am-9pm. More info.
- Hilltop Cafe: Open daily 7am-8pm. More info.
- Maria's Kitchen: Open Mon.-Fri. 8am-7pm. More info
- Meehos Mexican Restaurant: Open Mon.-Sat. 8am-7pm (may close for earlier if traffic is light). More info.
- Nic's: Open Tues.-Sat. 8am-6pm (full menu at 11am). More info
- Rock House Dining & Espresso: Open daily 8am-6:30pm. More info.
OPEN FOR TAKE-OUT/TO-GO OPTIONS ONLY
- Aonami: Open daily 4:30pm-8:30pm. More Info
- Brooklyn Bridge Bagel Works: Open Mon.-Fri. 6:30am-1pm and Sat.-Sun. until 1:30pm. Delivery available. More Info
- Celestino's (Downtown): Open Mon.-Fri. 10:30am-8:45pm & Sat.-Sun. 4pm-8:30pm. Online ordering and delivery available. More info
- Cocodine Thai Cuisine: Open Wed.-Sun. 11:15am-2pm and 4:15pm-8pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- Country Morning Bakery: Open Tues.-Fri. 7am-2pm and Sat. 8am-1pm. More info.
- Gogi's Cafe: Open Mon.-Sat. 11am-7pm. Online ordering and delivery available. More info.
- La Cocina Economica: Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-7:45pm and Sun. 10am-6pm. Free Chico delivery available. More Info,
- Lovely Layers Cakery: Open Tues.-Fri. 7am-3pm. More info.
- Om Foods: Open Mon-Fri 11am-4pm. Online ordering available. More Info
- Pita Pit: Open Mon.-Fri. 11am-6pm and Sat. 11am-4pm. Delivery available. More info.
- Pizza Riot: Open Tues.-Sat. Noon-8pm. Online ordering available. More info
- Shubert's: Open Mon.-Fri.10am-10pm and Sat.-Sun. 11am-10pm. More info
- Sierra Nevada Brewery: Open daily 11am-9pm. Delivery available. More Info
- Smokin' Mo's BBQ: Generally open Wed.-Sat. 11:30am-6:30pm; check Facebook/Instagram for up-to-date info. More info.
- Son of a Wich: Open Tues.-Thurs. Noon-8pm, Fri.-Sat. Noon-10pm, Sun. Noon-8pm. Delivery available. More info
- Substation: Open Mon.-Fri. 10am-5:30pm & Sat.-Sun. 11am-3pm. More Info
- Sweet Chico Confections: Open Mon-Sat 11am-9pm and Sun. 11am-8pm. More info
- Tender Loving Coffee: Open Fridays 8am-11am for pickup and Chico deliveries. Order online. More info.
- Betty Cakes and Coffee: Open Tues. & Fri. 7am-3pm. More info
- Coffee Tyme: Open daily 6am-2pm. More info.
- Early Bird Donuts: Open Mon.-Fri. 5am-1pm, Sat.-Sun. 6am-1pm. Online ordering available. More Info
- Feather Falls Brewing:Open 11am-8:30pm daily. More info.
- Francisco's Mexican Restaurant: Open Mon.-Fri. 11am-7pm. More Info
- Nori Asian Kitchen + Sushi: Open Tues.-Fri. 11:30am-7pm. More info.
- Pho Noodle House: Open Mon.-Sat. 11am-8pm. More Info
- Righteous Burger: Open Tues.-Fri (weather permitting); check Facebook for hours. More Info
- Time Pho Boba: Open Fri.-Tues. Noon-7pm. Online ordering available. More Info
- Tong Fong Low (Oroville): Open Tues.-Sun. 11am-8:30pm. Online ordering available. More info.
- Yoville Frozen Yogurt: Open daily 11am-6pm. More Info
*Outdoor service only
**Outdoor service only and reservations required
- **Dog Creek Cellars: Open by appointment only. More info.
- *Gale Vineyards: Open Sat.-Sun. Noon-5pm. More info.
- **Nascere Vineyards: Open Sat.-Sun. Noon-5pm. More info
- *Live Vine Vineyards & Winery: Open Sat.-Sun. Noon-5pm. More info.
- Long Creek Winery: Open for curbside pickup only. Call (530) 624-8010 to schedule a time. More info.
- *Purple Line Urban Winery: Open Wed.-Fri.. 3:30pm-6pm & Sat-Sun. Noon-6pm. More info.
Bars and Breweries
All open bars require the purchase of a meal to buy alcohol, and they must follow restaurant requirements for outdoor-only dine-in service.
- *Argus Bar & Patio: Open Mon.-Thurs. 6pm-Midnight, Fri. 4pm-Midnight, and Sat. 4pm-2am. More info.
- *The Commons: Open Fri. 4pm-Midnight, Sat. Noon-Midnight, & Sun. Noon-8pm. Will close early if food sells out. More info
- *Secret Trail Brewing Company: Tues.-Thurs. 3pm-7pm, Fri.-Sun. Noon-7pm. More Info
Attractions & Points of Interest
- Cal Skate at Funland:
- Miniature golf and batting cages open daily Noon-9pm. More info.
- Canyon Oaks Country Club: OPEN. More info.
- Chico Farmers Market: OPEN. More Info
- Chico Marketplace: OPEN Mon.-Sat. 11am-7pm and Sun. 11am-6pm. More info
- Feather Falls Casino: OPEN. More info.
- Gold Country Casino: OPEN. Masks required. More info.
- Rare Air Trampoline Park: Open Mon.-Thurs. 10am-6pm, Fri. 11am-8pm, Sat. 10am-9pm, & Sun. Noon-7pm. More info
- Table Mountain Golf Course: OPEN. More info.
OFFERING ONLINE CONTENT
- Bidwell Mansion: Online offerings available. More info
- Chico Art Center: Online offerings available. More info.
- Chico History Museum: Online offerings available. More info.
- CSU, Chico Museums, including: Online offerings available
- Lake Oroville Visitor Center: Online offerings available. More info.
- Museum of Northern California Art (monca): Online offerings available. More info.
This is a curated, non-exhaustive list of Butte County shops open for walk-in customers.
CHICO & DURHAM
- AMain Cycling: Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-6pm and Sun. 11am-4pm. More info
- Bird in Hand: Open Tues.-Sat. 11am-4pm. More info.
- The Bookstore: Open Mon./Wed./Fri. 10am-2pm. Curbside service only. Online ordering also available. More info.
- Campus Bicycles: Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-6pm & Sun. 11am-4pm. More info.
- Chico Paper Company: Open Tues. & Sat. 11am-5pm and Wed.-Fri. 11am-6pm. More info.
- Chico Sports LTD: Open daily 10am-6pm. More info.
- Eighth & Main Antique Center: Open Sun.-Fri. 11am-5pm & Sat. 10am-5pm. More info.
- Greenline Cycles: Open Mon.-Fri. 10am-6pm & Sat. 10am-5pm. More info.
- Hodges Nursery & Gifts: Open Tues.-Sat. 9am-4pm. More info.
- Made in Chico: Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-4pm. More info.
Magna Carta: Open Tues., Fri. & Sat. from 10am-2pm for curbside pickup or shopping in-store by appointment. More info.
- Maisie Jane's Gift Shop: Open Tues.-Sun. 10am-3pm. More info.
- North Rim Adventure Sports: Open Mon.-Sat. 11am-5pm & Sun. Noon-4pm. More info.
- Pullins Cyclery: Open Mon.-Sat. 9am-5:30pm. More info.
- Upper Park Clothing: Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-5:30pm & Sun. 11am-4pm. More info.
- Bird Street Vendors: Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-5pm. More info.
- Brushstroke's Art Studio and Gallery: Open Wed.-Sat. 10am-5pm. More info.
- The Galley: Open Tues.-Fri. 11am-3pm & Sat. 11am-4pm.
- Gallery Interiors: Open Mon.-Fri. 10am-5pm. More info.
- Kusel's Big Store: Open Tues.-Sat. 11am-4pm. More info.
- Mary Lake-Thompson Outlet: Open Mon.-Tues. 9am-5pm & Wed.-Fri. 9am-4pm. More info.
- The Restored Boutique: Open Mon.-Fri. 10am-5pm & Sat. 10am-3pm. More info.
- Sohnrey Family Foods: Open Mon.-Fri. 8am-4pm & Sat. 10am-3pm. More info.
- Wagon Wheel: Open Mon.-Sat. 8am-7pm. More info.
- Well Worn: Open Mon.-Sat. 10am-6pm & Sun. Noon-4pm. More info.
US FOREST SERVICE
- As of 9/19:
- Lassen National Forest is open with Camping and Fire Restrictions
- Portions of the Plumas National Forest have re-opened, but the areas near active and recent fires, including the North Complex West Zone in Butte County, remain closed. The entire Feather River Ranger District is also closed.
CALIFORNIA STATE PARKS
Since Butte County is in Phase 2 of reopening, certain state parks in the area are starting to reopen with restrictions.Non-campground outdoor areas of parks, including trails and beaches, remain open to pedestrians and bicyclists.
- Camping is available at all individual family campsites. Vehicular access to day-use facilities such as parking lots, boat ramps, restrooms and trails are open
- Bidwell-Sacramento River State Park (Chico): OPEN
- Thermalito Afterbay (Oroville): OPEN
- Thermalito Forebay (Oroville): OPEN
- Forebay Aquatic Center: OPEN
- Lake Oroville SRA (Oroville): OPEN
- Trails and day-use areas open 8am-sunset
- Oroville Dam Spillway Boat Ramp area open 5am-11pm; all other Lake Oroville boat ramps open 24 hours a day
- Camping, floating campsites, and Lake Oroville Visitor Center remain CLOSED
- Bidwell Canyon Marina (Oroville): OPEN. Marina store open from 7am-8pm, shuttle service for moorage customers available, and small boat rentals starting 7/1. Bar and cafe closed until further notice
- Lake Oroville Marina (Oroville): OPEN. Shuttles for moorage customers and limited rentals available. Houseboats and pontoon barge available for rental, but no small boat rentals in 2020.
Chico Area Recreation and Park District (CARD): Parks are open. Bathrooms at larger community parks are open but closed at smaller neighborhood parks.
- DeGarmo Park
- Hooker Oak Park
- Community Park
- Wildwood Park
- Bidwell Park, including:
All playgrounds, and confined spaces are closed until further notice. All FRRPD park restrooms have been reopened for public use. Trails and large park locations remain open.
- Riverbend Park
- Hammon Park
- Centennial Plaza
- Martin Luther King Park
- Palermo Park
- Bedrock Skate Park and Tennis Courts
- Lake Oroville: OPEN for day-use access, including parking lots, boat launches, and trails. Campgrounds, floating campsites, and the Visitor Center remain closed.
- Bidwell Canyon Marina and Lime Saddle Marina:
- dock store and shuttle services closed
- UPDATE 9/16
- Starting Fri. 9/18 at 8am, entry is allowed only for current mooring customers
- Shuttle services are for houseboat customers attending to immediate needs; no overnight houseboat stays are allowed
- All day-use areas, campgrounds, and public boat launch ramps are closed
- Vessel travel on all areas of the lake is prohibited
- Loafer Creek Recreation Area
- Potters Ravine Recreation Area
- Kelly Ridge Recreation Area
- CLOSED: Lake Oroville Visitor Center
- North Forebay
- South Forebay
- Clay Pit SVRA
- Bidwell Canyon Marina and Lime Saddle Marina:
- Oroville Dam: No parking allowed. Access across the spillway bridge is closed. Pedestrian and bicycle access allowed to the north end of the dam.
- Bille Park & Bille Park Expansion
- Coutolenc Park
- Moore Road Park
- Paradise Aquatic Park