Salmon Tour Down the Feather River
The life cycle of the Chinook "King" Salmon brings schools of fish to Oroville to spawn every fall. Kayak right alongside them on a salmon tour with the Forebay Aquatic Center!
The staff will teach you about the lifecycle of the salmon and the Feather River, and you'll also get the chance to see Oroville in a whole new way!
- Sat. Sept. 23 (during the Salmon Festival), and every Saturday from 10/7 through 11/11 - dates are filling up fast, so reserve your spot now!
- Salmon Festival 9/23 - SOLD OUT
- Purchase page for all other dates
October/November Trip Times
- Morning Tour: 9:30am-Noon
- Afternoon Tour: 12:30pm-3pm
- Select dates only have one tour time available
- Trips begin under the Green Bridge at the Feather River Fish Hatchery
- Trips end the boat launch in Riverbend Park
- Make sure to check the weather forecast in advance and dress/prepare accordingly
- Single and Double Kayaks as available
- Guides, Lifejackets, Kayaks, Paddles and Safety/First Aid Equipment
- Basic and Short Kayak Skill Introduction
- Sanitizing of all boats and equipment
- Shuttle Bus back to the Hatchery
What to Bring
- Shorts and shirt - clothing and shoes will get wet
- Synthetic clothing that will not retain water and will dry quickly (No Jeans or Cotton Pants on the River)
- Warm Clothes to change into
- Water Shoes or solid sandals for Water and Shore Travel (No Bare Feet. No Flip Flops)
- Lip Protection / Sun protection / Binoculars / Camera