While the official Salmon Festival has been cancelled for 2020, you'll still find social-distancing friendly events throughout Downtown Oroville that weekend, including a kayak river tour of the salmon run.
View the salmon run up close and personal with a kayak tour with the Forebay Aquatic Center down the Feather River in Oroville!
On Sat. 9/26 and Sun. 9/27, the Forebay Aquatic Center will offer three trips each day down the Feather River, starting at the Fish Hatchery and ending at Riverbend Park, with a shuttle returning you to your car at the hatchery.
Trip Times (both days):
- 9am-11am, 11:30am-1pm, and 1:30pm-3pm
- Single and Double Kayaks as available
- Guides, Lifejackets, Kayaks, Paddles and Safety/First Aid Equipment
- Basic and Short Kayak Skill Introduction
- Sanitizing of all boats and equipment
- Shuttle Bus back to the Hatchery / Following COVID CDC rules / Masks required on Bus
What to Bring:
- Shorts and shirt / Clothing and Shoes will get wet
- Warm Clothes to change into (No Jeans or Cotton Pants on the River)
- Water Shoes or solid sandals for Water and Shore Travel (No Bare Feet)
- Lip Protection / Sun protection / Binoculars / Camera