Salmon Tour Down the Feather River
The life cycle of the Chinook "King" Salmon brings schools of fish to Oroville to spawn every fall. Kayak right alongside them on a salmon tour with the Forebay Aquatic Center!
The staff will teach you about the lifecycle of the salmon and the Feather River, and you'll also get the chance to see Oroville in a whole new way!
Update 9/29 - all dates are sold out! However, the Forebay Aquatic Center is available for private or custom tours; call 530.893.2984
- Every Saturday from September 25 through October 23 - dates are filling up fast, so reserve your spot now!
- Morning Tour: 10am-Noon (arrive at 9:30am)
- Afternoon Tour: 1pm-3pm (arrive at 12:30pm)
- Trips begin under the Green Bridge at the Feather River Fish Hatchery
- Trips end the boat launch in Riverbend Park
- Single and Double Kayaks as available
- Guides, Lifejackets, Kayaks, Paddles and Safety/First Aid Equipment
- Basic and Short Kayak Skill Introduction
- Sanitizing of all boats and equipment
- Shuttle Bus back to the Hatchery / Following COVID CDC rules / Masks required on Bus
What to Bring
- Shorts and shirt - clothing and shoes will get wet
- Warm Clothes to change into (No Jeans or Cotton Pants on the River)
- Water Shoes or solid sandals for Water and Shore Travel (No Bare Feet)
- Lip Protection / Sun protection / Binoculars / Camera