Discover Butte County's migrating salmon up-close with a kayak tour down the Feather River with the Forebay Aquatic Center!
On Saturdays, October 10, 17, and 24, there will be three daily trips starting at the Fish Hatchery and ending at Riverbend Park:
- Trip 1: 9am-11am
- Trip 2: Noon-2pm
- Trip 3: 3pm-5pm
A shuttle bus sponsored by Explore Butte County will run from Riverbend Park to return you to your car at the Hatchery at 11am, 2pm, and 5pm
Where to Meet
Feather River Fish Hatchery – 5 Table Mountain Blvd. Oroville, CA 95965
All trips meet at the Hatchery under the Green Bridge
What to Bring
- Shorts and shirt (Clothing and Shoes will get wet)
- Warm Clothes to change into (No Jeans or Cotton Pants on the River)
- Water Shoes or solid sandals for Water and Shore Travel (No Bare Feet)
- Lip Protection / Sun protection / Binoculars / Camera
What is Provided
- Single and Double Kayaks as available
- Guides, Lifejackets, Kayaks, Paddles and Safety/First Aid Equipment
- Basic and Short Kayak Skill Introduction
- Sanitizing of all boats and equipment
- Shuttle Bus back to the Hatchery / Following COVID CDC rules / Masks are worn on Bus
Stay A While
When you're done with your tour, check out more of Oroville's dining, shopping, and cultural experiences, just minutes away from the Fish Hatchery.
Interested in going?Start planning your trip with our itinerary builder, and find out about upcoming events by subscribing to our newsletter.